... under Clinton and now Obama the Democratic Party might have found a long-term winning hand. They’ve abandoned their Left base and adopted a lite version of GOP policies. Pretty words and minor policies initiatives keep the Left happy, while they:
And so forth.
- A new record for deporting illegals
- Nominating Republicans as SecDef
- A Wall-Street friendly bank regulatory system
- Expansion of military operations into new lands
- Welfare reform (Clinton and soon-to-be Obama)
- Massive increase in prosecution of whistleblowers
- Spending cuts to pursue a balanced budget (Clinton and soon-to-be Obama)
- Erosion of civil liberties, increased domestic surveillance, greater police powers
- National implementation of Heritage-designed RomneyCare, health care reform done in the interests of drug and insurance companies
How has the GOP responded to this wholesale adoption of its policies? To his national security policies: strong praise (more than Obama got from the Left), criticism for not going enough. To his domestic policies: condemnation as socialistic. But the major response has been a shift to the Right, into madness.Fabius Maximus
The world of wonders: Democratic Party takes center, pushes GOP right to madness
The Democrats do Realpolitik.