Sunday, October 12, 2014

Vineyardsaker — First Latin American SITREP

Dear friends, 
As I have mentioned to you, we are working on the creation of a Latin American Saker Blog. The person in charge is organizing an multi-country team of volunteers (if you are interested, please email me) and I will tell you that from my exchanges with this person I have very high hopes for the Latin American Saker Blog. Not only will this add a huge audience to our community, but Latin America is, I strongly believe, extremely important for the future of the anti-imperialist resistance and even the future of the planet. It is no coincidence that Russia is placing such a huge and sustained efforts into developing ties with Latin America. 
The Latin American Saker Blog is not quite ready yet, but the folks working on it have sent me a first Latin American SITREP and I hope that this will become a regular feature of my blog. In other words, there will be a Latin American Saker blog and a regular Latin American SITREP in English on this blog. In other words, this will be a lot of work for the volunteers who will be working on this and I want to express my enthusiasm and my deepest gratitude to all of them.

Finally, I want to add this: the authors of this SITREP are all local people, many with strong political views and active participants in the political processes in their countries. To those of you might not share their political opinions I will say this: their voice is not the voice you agree with, their voice is the voice of the local anti-imperialist movement. Yes, it is clearly politically defined, and I find that a huge plus and not an issue because I don't believe that there is such thing as "objectivity": objectivity is a delusion which prevents people from seeing the truth. When the person in charge of the Latin American Saker blog "warned" me that "I am a committed Chavista" my reply was "fantastic! this is exactly what I was looking for" :-)
 
I hope that you will find this first SITREP interesting.
This SITREP is longish, but as Saker says, "interesting." Good as a background of the way the far left in Latin America sees things.

The Vineyard of the Saker
First Latin American SITREP
Vineyardsaker

No comments: