Thursday, January 8, 2015

I'm taking bets on how long Bill Gross lasts at Janus

I am taking bets as to how long Mr. "Who's gonna buy them now" remains at Janus. (How long Janus will have him, that is.)

As if right on cue, Gross pens his investment outlook on the Janus website right at the moment when every asset market was hitting rock bottom. Gross said that when 2015 is done there will be "plenty of negative signs in front of returns for many asset classes."

 Let's face it, Gross is as cold as ice. One of my most effective trading strategies back in my days when I was a floor trader was to fade the guy in the pit who was cold. All the savvy floor traders knew of this tactic.

 And no one has been colder than Gross.

 Who knows? I could be wrong. Maybe the Republican controlled Congress bails out Gross's bearish bets by not raising the debt ceiling in March. But I'm even starting to think that's not going to happen either. Bill Gross...I give him 10 months at Janus. Then he'll be out; working for some no-name hedge fund.

1 comment:

Tom Hickey said...

He should have retired when he was on top of his game. He doesn't need the money, but he is sensitive about his reputation. Now he seems to be doubling down to salvage it. Dumb. He should take his money and do some good.